The 12th Annual Zoe Fest
If you would like to be considered to attend the next annual ZoeFest Fill out this form (it’s private, no one can see your answers but us). The festival is back in Australia this year! If you are invited we will give you details about everything on our private discussion board. We are limiting attendance to 40 people. Even if you have attended before, please fill out the form. This way we know who to invite to the private discussion area, we will have all of your current email details and it really helps keeping things organized. Also, you absolutely have to be a member of Figuremodels.org to attend. If you know someone who has expressed interest in attending, send them here and have them fill out the form.
Once you receive an email invitation you will also receive an invitation to join the private discussion board where dates, attendees and other details will be posted and where everyone can communicate before arriving. Dates and attendees are kept private until we arrive to avoid the unruly! ha.
Read about our previous fest’s on these blogs:
What a few people say about the festival who have attended in the past:
- “Because I love everyone involved in the event and have felt so blessed for the past two years to have been able to share such a wonderful experience with so many wonderful and talented people ”
- “Best its the best experience of My life. Every time has enrichened My life.”
- “I would absolutely love to attend this years Zoefest. I had such an amazing time at the last two Zoefest’s creating art with like minded people from around the globe who share my passions of art, figure modelling and photography. I feel there are special bonds/frienships that are made between the people who attend these events which I think take the art produced to another level. It’s just amazing. I’d also like the chance to create with people who I haven’t had the chance before. ”
- “Except for the 2011 meet that I missed, this annual event is something I look forward to every year.”
- “Because I love my friends and it’s a great opportunity to see many I don’t see otherwise and I love creating wonderful art pics. And what other week of the year do I maybe get to play with things like a goat or a giant blue pig?”
- “Because it’s fun!”
- “I have been fortunate enough to attend the festival the past two years and am now thoroughly convinced no year will be complete without attending the festival. I am a strong believer that photos become better between people when photographers and models continue to work with each other and develop a connection on a personal level in addition to an artistic level. Through this festival, all of the attendants are able to live with each other, discuss their art, collaborate, goof off and of course, get down to working with each other. The photos from the festival never cease to amaze me. A week of intense art making with socialization between shoots is absolutely incredible. I relish the experience of being in a community where everyone is into their modeling and photography for the right reasons – to create art. I feel at home, happy and inspired while at the festival. Here I my passion for bending in uncomfortable shapes on rocks, in cold water, or while hanging off cliffs is thoroughly understood and even appreciated.”
- “It is a pretty damn awesome group to be involved with, I had a wonderful experience last year!”
- “Because ZoeFest was by far the best experience ive ever had in this field. It’s filled with awesome talent and like minded souls. Plus it’s the single best gathering to create art in, period!”
- “FestX was my first and I REALLY don’t want it to be my last. I had such an amazing time. You really create a great atmosphere!! You’re also great at picking out compatible groups. It’s nice to have a relaxing/safe work environment. I can’t wait to see where it ends up being held this year!”
- “Because its one of the rare events where I actually feel like I’m making worthwhile art with people who care as much about the images as myself.”
What is zoe fest? I get that question all the time.
Is it a workshop? NO.
Is it a shoot out? NO.
Is it a festival? Kind of.
Is it commercial? NO.
How do you make money? I don’t!
Basically I send out a mass mailing through Community Zoe and Figuremodels.org to let them know it’s happening. Then we all gather in an undisclosed location to hang out, have BBQ’s, go to dinners, watch a slide show from our last years work, drink and be merry, photograph each other, photograph the models, and walk through deserts, rain forests and swim in the oceans and swimming pools together. It’s basically just … MEET HERE! LET’S HANG OUT. No egos, no direction, you do what you want to do. We gather at night and talk shop, mentor each other, occasionally throw food at each other and make new friends and say hello to old one’s. And then we cry when we have to leave and keep in touch with everyone for an entire year afterwards and do it all over again the next year. It doesn’t suck.